We pushed the iOS Active911 1.5 app update on Monday, enabling Assignments. ?Today is Friday, so we have had a week to get feedback and figure some things out.
The bottom line is that some more updates are in store for Apple users. ?Here’s a list:
- The “External Link” on the bottom of the alert details page used to launch Apple Maps, and it doesn’t any more. ?Lots of people use this for navigation. This is being fixed.
- The address area launches a map within the Active911 app. ?Most people already know this, but for those who don’t, we’ve added a helpful icon.
- Test messages don’t pop up when the app is in the foreground. ?This has been fixed in beta and should be in your hands soon. ?Normal alerts seem to come through fine, as do alerts and test messages when the app is in the background.
- People asked us to make the text within the app selectable. ?This has been added to detail text for 1.5.1 beta. ?It also means you can have hyperlinks in the details section! ?See the image at right.
- The app update required a server update which in turn introduced a bug. ?The bug made it so late-model iOS devices didn’t get paged when messages were very looooong (many lines of notes). ?This was fixed today and does not require an app update (we had to update the server).
- We have one report of an iPhone 5 user (iOS 8.2 or iOS 8.3) who says the alert title is reset to “Alert” when he sends an alert from his phone.
All told, it’s been a busy and tiring week! ?On the radar also is making assignments assignable to anyone from within the app, and paging (Apple Notifications) to the assignees. ?:)
That’s it for now – have a good weekend, everyone!