We have been hard at work on many invisible improvements to reliability and redundancy to make Active911 more dependable. But some recent improvements are available for you to enjoy right now! These include:
- Deleted chat messages stay deleted: Previously, old chats kept popping up. Now they stay deleted, even if you delete and reinstall the app.
- Map Icons: (iOS) Previously, when you added icons to you map, you had to close out and reopen the app to see them, but now they are there instantly.
- Fixed simultaneous alerting: Our system can now handle a higher volume of CAD emails per alert.
Our next beta release will be June 19 and it will include:
- Map Layers – Isolate icons in any combination to see only the resources you need.
- Android wearables get more call info: We had been limited on how much information we were pushing to wearables, but now Android watches and devices get more detailed info on each call.
These improvements will be available to everyone after the July 19 client release.
Coming Fall 2019:
- Chief reports – Get more out of your Active911 data with reports by call volume, call type, group, and number of responses.
- Shift Management Tools
- Custom events – Schedule trainings, classes or meetings in Active911
- Webview improvements – You have been asking for improvements and added features that would catch this platform up to your other Active911 resources. So we’re listening. Custom events, weather layers, and an updated look are all coming this fall.
If you’d like to be a beta tester, email us and let us know your device type (iOS or Android) and the email associated with your device. Giving feedback is easy! We send out an email with each beta release and tell you what’s new. Just use the app for a week and then complete the quick in-email survey to let us know about your experience.
A frequent piece of feedback we get about the app in the Facebook Support Group is that mapping isn’t working the way it should. We know you rely on this feature to get you where you need to be!
Inaccurate mapping can be caused by a few things:
- Broken parser
- Incomplete parser
- PSAP abbreviations/shorthand
All of these problems can be fixed by our support team, but we need a few pieces of information from you before that can happen. If you’re unable to use the mapping feature because of inaccurate routing, please contact support and provide them with:
- Your Agency name
- Alert # for a recent call that did not map correctly
- The correct location of the call
Please be on the lookout for messages, calls or emails from Active911! Calls from us come from the 541 area code. We will never ask for any personal information or try to sell you anything.
Our Product Manager and Happy Customer Manager are trying to reach customers for brief interviews on a variety of topics to get feedback that will help us improve your experience. It’s part of an initiative to make our app better at serving you.