Ever want to share your map data with a neighboring department, but you don’t have a file of those map data points you entered into Active911? Well, this Training Thursday, we will show you how you can easily share your map data with that neighboring department that is using Active911 too!
You need one person to be on both agencies with at the very least the “Edit Locations” permission selected in the users tab. They don’t need a device on the account, only user access. Let’s dive in on how to do this.
- 1. An admin will need to login to active911.com and go to the users tab. The admin makes sure that the member (the person you want to manage your map data, in this example John Smith), has the “Edit Locations” permission selected like the picture below. You can also add a new user and give them this permission.
2. Now the admin of the other agency adds that same person to their account with the “Edit Locations” permission selected. In this example, it would be adding John Smith to their account.
3. Once the map locations manager (John Smith) has been added to both accounts with the “Edit Locations” permission, they can login to active911.com.
4. After logging in, they go to the map data tab. This should be the map data tab of the agency that has the map data on it.
5. Then click on the “Share Map Data” button.
6. A new window will open with a list of agencies that you can share the map data with. Check the box and click “Save”.
Now the map data will show up on the map for all the devices on either of those agencies, and you can share with as many agencies as you would like! One thing to note is that if have duplicate map markers, they will show up on the map on top of each other.
If you have more questions about map data sharing, please contact email@example.com. Happy Thursday and Stay Safe!