Chris Hardin, Steele Creek Volunteer Fire Department chief, said crews knew there weren’t hydrants nearby from being familiar with the area and also using the Active 911 app, which shows exactly where fire hydrants are located.
Today we have released an update to our windows apps. This includes version 1.5.1 for desktop and version 2018.4.17.0 for windows phone and tablet. We have worked to improve the performance of the app on agencies with many active devices. In addition we have improved the apps ability to stay connected to Active911. The list of new features includes:
- Now supports continuous re-paging until a response button is pressed. This can be enabled by simply ticking the Continuous Repaging check box in the General tab of settings.
- Ability to un-assign devices from an assignment. This adds the Automatic option to the list of assignments when changing someones assignment.
- Ability to toggle new chat message notifications on and off. This can be toggled on or off per agency in the agency’s settings tab.
- Require confirmation when sending alerts to everyone so that users don’t inadvertently spam everyone.
- Now displays badge of unread chat message count
- App will always get alerts sent from it regardless of whether the sending device is a member of the receiving pagegroups.
- Adds support for Mexico
Have you been looking for a clear and easy way to notify your spouse/family when you’re responding to an alert? If so, our new Family SMS feature will meet your needs! As of 4/13/2018, Family SMS is available for use. Family SMS was designed to allow users to add a phone number of a spouse or family member to be notified when the user is responding to a call. Here is how it works:
1) An existing user (a first responder who uses the Active911 app on their smart phone) visits our new website, website.active911.com, and logs in.
2) Within the tab labeled “User”, there is a “Family SMS Phone Numbers” section. Click the “+ Add Number” box, and a new line will appear where a phone number can be entered.
3) After entering the phone number, click the green button on the right side to save the phone number.
4) An “Activate” button will appear to the right. Click that button to complete the setup process.
Once the Family SMS device has been activated, it will receive notifications via SMS text message for each response vocabulary that is selected within the Active911 app by the user’s device.
At this time, only one Family SMS device can be added per user account. Please note that our new website is not fully functional yet. If you need to make changes to your account that don’t involve Family SMS, please use our current website, active911.com.
If you have questions about Family SMS, or need help getting it setup, please contact our support team. You can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 541-223-7992.
Billy Goldfeder examines how exterior command officers’ call for defensive ops helped save firefighters during a complex fire.
As the captain on the first-due engine, I identified numerous hydrants on the block using our Active911 System technology, and at that time Battalion 62 (Hawk) advised of the working fire. I told my driver to pull past the house on the Alpha/Bravo corner, as I knew that based on the size of the house, I would be choosing 400 feet of 1¾-inch dead load line, and I wanted to leave room for the truck companies.