This week, we have rolled out a new feature called Family SMS, which is currently in beta.
How it works: When the user taps a response button, that gets sent over to the family member that you added on the users tab. The family member receives a text message letting them know what your response is to that alert. This way they know where you are.
Now for the training! Here’s how you set it up:
- Admins, login to the website and if you aren’t using the new website you will see this message below, so click on the here. This will take you to our new website. You might have to login again and if you do, click “login” at the top.
2. Go to the Agency tab and scroll down to the bottom.
If you want more information to be sent to the family members, you can select any of the SMS call fields to include and those will be sent within the text message.
Once the above steps have been done, any user can add family members. Here’s how:
4. After the user has logged in (you might have to do step 1 above to get to the new website), go to the tab with your name on it.
5. There you will see “Family SMS Phone Numbers” below your devices with a “+ Add Number” button. Click on that button to add the phone number of the member you want to receive text messages.
6. Type in the member’s phone number and then click the green save button.
7. That’s it! If you ever want to remove them, then click the red trash can icon button.