Hello everyone! Today I’m excited to announce that we have released another update to all of our Windows platforms. This update went live yesterday and if you are running Active911 on your Windows Phone, Windows Tablet, or Windows PC, then you should already have the update or have seen a prompt to perform the update. As our last update to these apps completely redesigned phone and tablet, this release adds more features, optimizations, and bug fixes! The new features are as follows, but special focus was given to improving the app’s connection to Active911 servers and improving performance for agencies with many devices.
- Support for non emergency messages. You can now send non-emergency alerts as well as hear a different tone when non-emergency alerts are received.
- You can also edit markers and the changes will be reflected instantly across all Active911 devices.
- And when viewing the report of a call, you have an option to email the report generated.
- The responses list is sort-able
- Responses are remembered per alert instead of per device.
- The PC app can specify which port it listens on for external GPS devices
- The PC app has a visual cue to tell you the current connection status to Active911 servers.