Today we launched an update to all three of our apps for the Windows platforms. For our PC app this means a regular update with new features, but this also brings our phone and tablet apps much more in line with the PC. Therefore our phone and tablet apps have a new look and feel and have been given all the features that the PC app has.
In these images of the phone and tablet apps, you can see that they have an almost identical view layout.
In addition to the updated views and feature parity with the desktop app, there have been a number of new features such as:
- New feature to send chat messages within an agency
- Added turn by turn directions to the desktop app
- New AVL reporting feature in the desktop app allows you to push personnel positions to another program
- New colors have been added to map icons
- Added the ability for the desktop app to preview ringtones before selecting them
And some improvements and bug fixes include:
- Improved the way we keep an active connection to Active911 which is much more stable
- Uses more readable font size on locations
- Update Available popup no longer nags the user and blocks the use of the app