iOS version 1.5.16 has been released! Below we have outlined the new features and bug fixes. You can download this new version in the the App Store today.
Updated and extended colors for map markers
The existing set of colors for devices and locations has been refreshed across the app and a few new colors have been added to the mix as well.
Agency Chat Rooms
The new chat tab contains a list of each agency that you are a part of. Each agency has it’s own chat room which you can use to send and receive messages to the whole agency.
You are only logged into these chat rooms while the app is open – any messages received while the app is backgrounded or closed will not be received. Also when you completely close the app o your phone, the chat history will be lost in the app. This is the first version of this feature, and we are looking to add more features to it. We would love to here feedback about what you want, so we can design it properly!
Apple Maps Directions and Routing
One of our goals for this release was to get the features from Apple & Google Maps to be more in sync. We’ve added visual routing to alerts on the map and a list of turn by turn directions for when you are using Apple Maps now as well. We’ve also added an app setting for turning off the auto-routing that happens when you view the map from an alert that you can use if you’d like to revert back to the old behavior of Apple Maps.
There will be discrepancies for both the alert location shown on the map (if geocoding from an address) and the directions themselves between Google and Apple Maps. This is because in both cases we are using the associated provided services for these mapping features and it’s two entirely separate set of services for each map type.
Now you can sort the responses list by either type or device name.
- The Alert Report/Log view has been simplified to save a step for some users workflows.
- You can now use a new ‘Automatic’ assignment option for moving a device to assigned.
- Fixed an issue where some users were unable to edit alerts and it would instead default to creating a new alert.
- Fixed a case with precise background GPS reporting where devices would drop off the map if stationary for more than 5 minutes.
- Fixed a problem where reduced accuracy background GPS reporting wasn’t reporting any position updates.